Saturday, May 20, 2017

Tetons...well, one anyway

I have so very little to show for my week. In fact, I have nothing in the way of sewing this week. Closing down the school year. Packing up my class room for the last time. Two granddaughters graduating (high school and middle school). A family reunion, of sorts. A new great-grandie. 

Whew! It's no wonder I am exhausted. And I haven't even stepped into the studio. Besides, the machine is in the camper.



So here is a pincushion I made months ago. Why I never posted it is, well because, I'm not sure what to make of it. It looks too much like a breast, but distorted, don't you think? And I can't seem to take it apart or let it go. I sort of like it. 



The brilliant idea was to make a triangular shaped body. There are a couple of problems with that idea: I started with a rectange, not triangles; I had no idea what I wanted; and I didn't want to cut the quilted piece. 


 So I played "what if" and this was the answer. Making a bottom was challenging, but it has its own swag. 



It has a little spot all it's own in my pincushion basket. I've used it as a pattern weight where it worked beautifully, so there you have it. One teton pincushion made long ago and I'm exhaused from the past week. 



I have good news, too! Four. four! days of school left and my 28 year career comes to an end. I've asked my family not to do a retirement party...I really want some peace and quiet. 28 years of teenagers has left a roar in my head. 

Linking up with

3 comments:

Karen S said...

Hope all goes well in your very busy last week.

Sylvia@Treadlestitches said...

Congrats on the pincushion, and on your retirement! Anybody that teaches teenagers for 28 years deserves a nice long break with lots of peace and quiet, and more time to sew.
Cheers,
Sylvia@Treadlestitches

Nancy @ Grace and Peace Quilting said...

Congrats on finishing your career with teens! And best wishes for the creative fun ahead!!!