Wednesday, October 16, 2019

Sugaridoo / Bernina Quilt Along ~~ fabric pull


At the last Baton Rouge Modern Quilt Guild meeting I decided to join in the Bernina / Sugaridoo Quilt Along. It was easy to settle on an indigo and off-white colors scheme. I've been collecting those indigo fabrics long enough. Someone suggested a touch of yellow, mustard perhaps. Hmm, mustard. Wait, mustard, I like that!

I wanted to post pictures of my fabric pull on Instagram (#sugaridooberninaqal #Mettlerthread), so I started by pulling out all the indigo pieces. There are more than enough. I guess I've been collecting for a while. I chose five to begin with. 

I'll add to them later if I need a little more variety or more yardage. Because, you know, I didn't read the instructions or measure the fabric. I'm going to do this in a Mary-is-retired style. Then I pulled out all the white and off-white pieces and this interesting "Zen Chic" for Moda, which has also been waiting for a great project. 

Then I dug around in the yellows for this fabulous deep mustard. It reminds me of my mom. She hated mustard. Kind of ironic, isn't it? But that's a story for another post. The fabrics in this picture are all in a separate container waiting on the first of the instructions. 

Here is a list of what is going to happen during the quilt along.

  • 28th of November 2019: release of the first row pattern
  • 14th of May 2020: half way giveaway to celebrate finishing the first half of your quilt
  • 1st of October 2020: release of the last row pattern
  • 29th of October 2020: instructions to assemble the quilt
  • 26th of November: celebrating finishing our quilt tops with a BIG giveaway
That's a full year of commitment right there. I'll ask those of you who are also participating to help keep me on track and make me accountable. Well, do your best anyway. A kind reminder would be sweet and greatly appreciated. I plan to keep the project on the work table but you know, Mary-is-retired...


Ohh, join me and let's have fun. I'll gladly post your progress if you help to remind me. And yes, I did sign up for email reminders. But again, I'm doing this in a Mary-is-retired style. A nudge, just a nudge, please.

1 comment:

Karen S said...

Looks like you have a good plan underway with the fabrics you have chosen.