Thursday, September 24, 2020

Pin It Weekly #333

  Hello Weekly! Do you remember when I wrote last week that I really wanted to paint a mason jar? Well, I did. It's not so much fun, actually.


I painted a few in fall colors. Then distressed them. Then put a sealant on them. The paint still wants to scratch off. I had conned Rich into making some crates for them, so they are going in my little shop at Griffin's, but I don't know about this painted glass business. 

Notice the crosses leaning on the jars? There are three. Rich made those because (I think) it's a bit of a challenge. The cross piece interlocks with, or fits into, the upright piece. 


I also have made a few of these painted books. Another Pinterest find that I really like. As a former English teacher, I have a few books already boxed up for donation, so I pulled some of the "aged" ones from the boxes. I really like the look of these, which translates to I may make more.

So this week has been all about turning old books into decor. A few finds:









2 comments:

Karen S said...

You have been busy getting things ready for your little shop.
Good luck.

Mary Marcotte said...

Thanks Karen. I am having fun if nothing else, and I may have a few Christmas gifts already made. :)