Saturday, September 19, 2020

ROAR! The Dinosaur ~~ a finish!

"ROAR! The Dinosaur" is a recent finish that I have not written about because, frankly, it's been too hot to go outside for more than a few minutes. I won't even attempt to describe the mosquito problems. Let's just say I'm thrilled to have cooler weather. It's amazing that temperatures in the 80s is miserably hot in May, but in September the 80s are remarkably cool. 

So back to "ROAR!" It's the little quilt that I cut out and sewed up at the Cotton Quilters sew day last month. I was able to finish the top and loaded it on the long arm the following day. It waited on me for a while, but the thing about having a quilt loaded is that I am committed to that quilt before working on another. It's a sure way of getting a particular top quilted.


There's not much to say about this little quilt. It's simple but cute and definitely for a little boy. I had enough of the dinosaur fabric to use for backing and almost enough (but not quite) for binding. I used a solid brown in one of the corners to "stretch" the binding. It works and so far no one has noticed unless I point it out.


I actually have a couple of other finishes to show you. I just let them pile up and today hung each one on the line to get some photos. 




Quilt Stats



Name:

ROAR! The Dinosaur



Size:

44" X 46"



Fabrics:

various juvenile fabrics from stash



Pattern:

my design



Backing:

dinosaur fabric from stash



Batting:

100% Cotton



Binding:

fabric from stash



Quilting:

improv with various motifs



Completed:

2020


 


1 comment:

Karen S said...

This is a fun quilt. Great fabric. It doesn't need anything else. Cute and simple!