Monday, September 28, 2020

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: Words and Phrases

In September of 2015 I wrote this SQI about using text in quilts. At the time I was collecting fabric with words, which was becoming an easier goal anytime I walked into a quilt shop. Today at least one piece in a line of fabric has some kind of lettering or words. And I have enough text fabric to make several quilts. 

Nevertheless, words and how we use them still fascinate me. There are always words in my head. And I analyze sentences, usage, mechanics at the drop of a hat. Ask me if I've seen a sign (or a million) that needed correcting. These quilts don't need a red pen; they just want an audience.










Like the other 13,000+ quilts, these pins can be found in my "heart, quilts" board. In fact, they are in a new board called, "words and texts." Have you made a quilt with words? What about using fabric with text? 

No comments: