Sunday, July 3, 2011

New in my Etsy Shop

I had the idea for these cute little pincushions and storage container for my Etsy shop during the night last night.  I had great fun putting a couple together before leaving for Lafayette this afternoon.  

Aren't they just adorable?  The bottom can be used to store extra pins or even an entire sewing kit.  
And, the lid makes a great pincushion.



And what do you think I did this afternoon while in Lafayette?


Visited my newest fav fabric shop.  Lola Pink is close enough to walk from my son's house to the store!  What kind of luck is that??  Of course, I didn't know when I left for the store exactly where it is located.  But I was determined and smart....and it paid off.  Tomorrow I'll show you the fabrics I bought.


And you can help me decide which one (or two or ten) is perfect for this exact project!

Oh, wait, there's more!  I had such fun that I thought you might want in on the game.  
I made a tutorial for this pincushion and storage container.  
You can find it here or click on tutorials above. 

Please tell me what you think of the tutorial.  
I have plans for more, but I really need to know how this one works for you.  
Otherwise, I'll keep making the same mistakes!  
Oh, and I can take the truth!

2 comments:

Nat said...

What a great idea! I love this pincushion idea.... I've never thought of it before! Great tutorial. :)

Wanda Fleming of River Girls Soap said...

Fantastic idea and I love the fabric! You should sell those on your ETSY!