Wednesday, July 27, 2011

Shrimp Bread






Our evenings in Ruston have consisted of tooling around in the car and taking short walking excursions to see the architecture and experience the sense of place.  One of the things we have to do during our excursions is eat.  We've managed to find some great places.  Not that they're hiding!  

One of the places was a wonderful Italian restaurant, which I wrote a little about here.  Monjuni's Restaurant is definitely a place to visit.  I highly recommend the Shrimp Bread, which I can't duplicate exactly, but it's so delicious that I'm willing to give it a go.  This is what I have so far, and though it's not Monjuni's, it's a decent appetizer.  

Shrimp Bread
4 thick slices of French Bread
4 tbsp. extra virgin olive oil 
medium tomato thinly sliced
mozzarella cheese
1/2 pound salad shrimp
salt/pepper to taste

Saute shrimp in small amount of olive oil until pink, remove.  Soak bread in olive oil for a few minutes to allow for absorption.  Place on baking dish and add one slice of tomato on top.  Add thick layer of mozzarella cheese and warm to begin melting cheese.  Add shrimp and sprinkle with salt and pepper.  Bake in warm oven until cheese is completely melted and shrimp are cooked through.  Serve immediately.
Bertolli Lucca Extra Virgin Olive Oil - 68 oz/Imported from Italy

If you give this recipe a try, please let me know how you enjoy it.  I find it quite easy but simply delicious and can't wait till we get home to give it a try.  I'll let you know if I tweak it a little.  I'll also snap a photo and add it to this page.  And I'll add this recipe to the recipe page so it's easy to find. The photos here already all came from google photos.   I know, I'm sorry.  Give them credit for the pics already.  


Now tell me what you think about recipes you find online.  Do you give them a try?  What is your criteria for considering a recipe?  Do you search for recipes or do you just happen to stumble on them?  I'm not so sure about this recipe building online.  I sure could use your input.


No comments: