Thursday, September 15, 2011

Etsy Shop Profile: Synergy Art








I recently had the wonderful opportunity to meet Malti, the beautiful girl behind Synergy Art, an Etsy shop that sells handmade jewelry.  I chatted with Malti via email then promptly forgot to follow up on that conversation.


Thank goodness she's such a sweet, patient person.  Rather than give up on me, she graciously held up her end and today we all get to know more about such a creative lady.  Please check out her shop, Synergy Art.
1. Where/when did you learn to make such beautiful jewelry?  I started creating metal jewelry two years ago after I dropped into a bead store and the owner was offering a metal foldform class. I took the class and now all I do is metal and wire work. 


2.  What are some of your favorite designs to make? I don't have a favorite design really. I just love designing, hammering, using a torch and working with metal in general. I love copper. The color is beautiful on black. It is probably my favorite metal although I am happy to work with silver, brass and aluminum also. 


3. How would you describe your creative process?  My creative process is called synergy. Thus the name Synergy Art. Basically, I try and allow my personality to get out of the way and let spirit create. Not having a set idea about how something is to come out, but to allow it to unfold. My website www.Synergyartshop.com explains this in more detail. 

4. 
 What inspires your art and jewelry making?  I'm inspired by organic, earthy colors and materials. I love metal, wood, stones and all like that. I like contemporary to edgy looks, simple but beautiful. I prefer bigger rather than smaller. 


5. Do you use only your own handmade and found objects or do you incorporate purchased beads and other jewelry items?   I use handmade, found objects and purchased beads and stones. I am open to anything that works so the end result is something nice. 

6. What does "handmade" mean to you?   Handmade is something that isn't necessarily perfect and uniform. Handmade items should reflect that it is handmade and not cut from a perfect pattern or mass produced from a mold. Little imperfections or subtle differences are part of the beauty that it was created from someone's hands. 



7. 
Is there anything else you'd like others to know about yourself or your shop?  I show my jewelry at art shows throughout Florida and am new to Etsy. I want to improve my photos so they better reflect a piece. I hope for a stronger presence on Etsy one day and am open to any suggestions from your
readers.


Isn't her jewelry just stunning?  I had a difficult time choosing just a few pieces to show.  I can barely wait to begin Christmas shopping since my daughters-in-law love jewelry!  Don't you think her shop will be a great place to do some Christmas (or other holiday) shopping?

Don't forget to enter for the National Sewing Month giveaway I'm hosting.  You can find it by clicking here.  All the info you need is there.   

No comments: