Saturday, January 4, 2014

Happy Friday Finish


Whew! This one was fast.  Of course, it's not a big quilt: only 33 by 41, so it didn't take long to quilt.  The leaves took the longest but there are only nine, so even that wasn't too bad.


While I'm at it, I thought I'd share a tip with you: I discovered that one of the leaves had a serious flaw.  The backing fabric bunched up behind the leaf and I didn't notice it until the entire leaf was completed.  Isn't that the way?  So of course, I had to rip, rip, rip, and rip.  Every seam doubled or tripled.  Can you imagine the little tiny pieces of thread that were left?

 The tip: use tape to remove the thread.  It's easy and fast.  Just cut a piece of tape (I use the cheap clear packing tape); stick it down, and rip it off.  More ripping. 


I use the same tape a couple of times.  For this leaf I needed only one piece of tape. Voila!  all cleaned up.  Ready for sewing again.

I am now down to hand sewing the binding, so it won't be long before I really am all done.  

Happy Quilting,
Mary

No comments: