Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Pin It Wednesday #51

Door Headboard

Distressed 80 - 130+ yr old door headboards

Door headboard

I recently acquired an old door from my parents' home.  It's a paneled door that looks very much like these.  My plan is to make it into a headboard with a built in shelf like the first two pictures. I have plenty of quilts to dress up the bed and a few unusual pillows.  While there, we picked up a few old windows.  I haven't decided exactly what I want to do with them, yet.  I have a few ideas running around in my head, but nothing solid yet.  Maybe a few pins will help.

AFTER my storage cabinet used Old Windows for doors
Maybe not this ambitious!

Recycling old window

12 Ways to Recycle Old Windows - A&D Blog

DIY HOW TO: Repurpose Old Salvaged Windows as Home Decor (http://okc-craigslist.blogspot.com) - Decorating with old, repurposed windows is inexpensive, environmentally friendly, and it personalizes your space. Here are five ways to recycle old windows:

Mounted Old Windows

And if we're going to look at vintage, 
how about a few vintage quilts!  

vintage star quilt

Incredible vintage quilt

Vintage Quilt

Vintage Quilt   Dresden Plate Pattern  Feedsack Fabric by KOLORIZE, $195.00

Vintage Quilt with tight stipple

vintage quilt by kaitlin

One Patch Chain - Vintage Quilt

gorgeous vintage quilt.

Happy Quilting,
Mary


No comments: