Monday, April 14, 2014

Modern Monday is back!

Love this!   The Traveling Quilts Bee - Round 4Remember my plan to write about modern quilts on Monday? Well, I haven't forgotten, I just haven't had anything to say.  Till now, that is.  The Northeast Louisiana Modern Quilt Guild ((NELA MQG) has started a traveling quilt bee.  

I've joined the fun. At the end of the bee, each of the participants will have a quilt top to finish into a lovely modern quilt.

The Traveling Quilts Bee - my addition to Heather's block by Happy Zombie, via FlickrI'm excited to be part of this bee idea.  Of course, I'll chronicle my adventure and hope that you'll join me here.  

I hope that this coming holiday will give me a chance to look at some modern traveling quilt bee ideas on Pinterest and also allow me to actually sew up a block or two.

The quilts on this page are a couple that are from previous traveling bees.  There's so much about them that I like.
But we'll talk about that later.  For now, I'd like to revel in the idea of quilting with others and for others. 
Mary

No comments: