Monday, April 21, 2014

Modern Monday

The La Traveling Quilt Bee is getting under way.  In fact, I've made my first block and will send it off in a day or two.  I am not sure that it's what I want, but I am working on a customer quilt that has a deadline, so my block will have to wait.  



There are things that I like--the color, the size, the fabrics--and things that I'm not so sure about.  I think I'll just send it off and hope for the best.  My idea it there, but it's not what I envisioned.  Of course, I'd have to either start over or do lots of ripping.  Neither sound very appealing, but I don't have to make my decision right now.   





I do like this particular fabric.  It is an off white background with calligraphy words.  Some are readable, but not many.  Some are French: I can figure out famille (family) and a couple of other words.  However, there may be some words that are not French or English.  They are so difficult to read that I just don't know, but that adds to the appeal.



This little applique reads "make a quilt for each of my children."  Now that I really love.  The light blue is almost gray and I've decided to request grays and neutrals.


If you're interested in following some of our antics, there are a few ways that you can keep up.  One is to see what we pin to the Pinterest board that's been set up especially for this purpose.  I'll add a few more links later, when I figure out how to access them. lol  It seems I'm going to have to learn a few more computer skills, especially how to use hashtags. 
Mary
#LouisianaTravelingQuilt

1 comment:

Ramona said...

Mary, I saw your "block" after Marty added her bit. I'm loving it! The colors are awesome.
Ramona