Friday, August 17, 2012

Bread Pudding

I've played with a couple of recipes for making bread pudding, but I've found "the bomb," as the kids say.  This recipe is unbelievably delicious--sweet, crunchy, and flavorful.

I thought that since I love this recipe so much, I would share it with you.  Warning: It's good, but it comes with the price of calories!


Bread Pudding 

  • 10 slices white bread
  • 2 c granulated sugar
  • 2/3 c packed light brown sugar
  • 1/4 c butter or margarine
  • 5 eggs
  • 2 c milk
  • 2 tsp pure vanilla extract
  • 2 tsp rum extract
  • 1 c chopped pecans
Directions:
Spray 9X13 baking dish.  Cube the bread and spread in the baking dish.  Using electric mixer, blend sugars and margarine until fluffy; add eggs one at a time.  Pour in milk; add extracts mix well.  Sprinkle pecans over bread cubes.  

Carefully pour sugar mixture over bread cubes and allow bread to soak up mixture.  (I speed the process by pouring the mix into the corners and the center, then stirring the bread around so all of it gets to the puddles.)

Bake at 350 degrees for 40 minutes.  Remove from oven and allow to cool.  

2 comments:

jenclair said...

Bread Pudding is probably my favorite desert ever. I love all kinds--including Copeland's white chocolate version!

Scrapatches said...

Looks yummy. Thanks for the recipe ... :) Pat