Wednesday, November 21, 2012

Another Pin It Wednesday

I'm supposed to be cleaning house and cooking, so this post will have to be a bit shorter than usual.  The kids and in-laws are coming for supper.  We're celebrating Thanksgiving today since everyone can come tonight.  Waiting till tomorrow means missing out on a couple of family members and we can't have that!

I was getting worried that I'm spending too much time on Pinterest.  While pinning yesterday, I took note of some other pinners' stats.  It was just for my own curiosity, of course.  Well, I discovered that I'm a bit of an underachiever when it comes to Pinterest!  Whew, that's a nice discovery.  

Enjoy these pins of a variety of visual arts.....





One of the problems with Pinterest is that people can load photographs from anywhere and include no information or the wrong information.  Choosing pins is fun and easy, unless like me, you tend to want the photographs to be captioned correctly. 


I've had to give up on this.  At first I would add comments with information I knew to be correct.  That is a battle I lost the day I began it.  Now, I choose carefully the pins I will add to my own boards and edit when I just can't take the comments.

I do enjoy looking at the photographs, and I've found them to be a great way to add artworks to my lessons.  My days of teaching fine art survey are long gone, but I still hold on to the appreciation I developed while teaching the masters.  That's a gain I hope to hold on to for a long, long time!  

Are you a pinner?  If so, leave a comment with your Pinterest address so we can come for a visit.  I can be found here.

1 comment:

jenclair said...

I went a long time without pinning, but recently have spent hours admiring the boards of others and pinning! Too many ideas!