Friday, November 23, 2012

Black Friday Finds

I'm not much of a shopper, but I do enjoy getting out for a while on the biggest shopping day of the year.  Jenny and I went to Rayne to meet Meggan and her mom, and together we hit a few stores, had lunch, then ran errands before heading home.


It’s probably good that we didn't attempt any marathon shopping because after about three hours, I needed a nap to drive home!

 I hadn't purchased many items, so Jenny and Meggan suggested I go to Jo-Ann Fabric and Craft Stores.  (Now that I think about it, I may have abandoned my crew a little too quickly.  Sorry girls.) 

They had a few other places to go, so I got dropped off with instructions to call when I'd be done.  Ha!  Are you kidding?  They called me twice.  On the third call they were waiting in the parking lot.  I understood and came running out with three bags of queen-size batting, which, by the way, gives the mistaken appearance of loads of stuff.




Two pillow forms in one really large bag sort of adds to that misconstrued image of one lone shopper purchasing a quilt shop.



I did buy a few other things: a ruler to replace the one I broke, a seam ripper to leave near the long arm machine (with the hope that I won't need it), and suction cup handles for rulers and templates.


 And because they were on sale ($1 each) and I've been a very good girl lately, I picked up solid fat quarters in every color of the rainbow to add to the stash.


What fun!  The girls' timing was perfect: any more and I may have started picking up things I may not need. 

What Black Friday finds did you bring home today?

1 comment:

jenclair said...

Never left the house and didn't even order anything online! However, your post of Black Friday Bargains makes me laugh!