Monday, July 1, 2013

July Show and Share

Today I attended the July meeting of the Cotton Quilter's Guild.  What fun!  Quilts, friends, food.....wow!  I am so happy that I was able to attend.  I brought the two blue/green quilts to share with the guild, but others' also brought some projects to share.  Here are most of them.



Double wedding ring shams to match a quilt that is currently getting quilted at the long-arm shop.


Red, white, and blue flag quilt made from tumbler blocks.


Lovely six-block embroidered wall hanging that she made for her mom.


Stacked coins quilt that Mrs. Marilyn made.  I love the colors!



This photo does not do the quilt justice!  Those browns and turquoise blocks match beautifully and the colors are so rich.  



A grandson's train quilt.  She told us that boxcars each have a different symbol appliqued on.  The symbols are commonly used on track signs.  This five-year-old is one lucky little fella!


Finally, the small applique quilt that Mrs. Virginia made two weeks ago in my raw-edge applique class.  Love her echo quilting on this one.



















Happy Quilting,
Mary

No comments: