Monday, November 4, 2013

Barn Quilt Revisited


Do you remember my post about the barn quilt I made from a photo of my dad's old barn?  I wrote a couple of posts about it because it was such a fun quilt to make.  Then, it won a blue ribbon at the guild quilt show last month, and the good news keeps coming! 


Someone saw the quilt hanging in the show and contacted me to ask if I would make one for their family.  Well, I considered it carefully and looked at the photos of the barn, and I agreed.


So now, I have two commissioned quilts to work on and complete before Christmas.  This barn quilt will be so much fun.  It looks relatively easy, except that I need to straighten it, but that should be doable enough.  I've already picked up some fabrics to begin this weekend.  I'm getting excited to begin and having  a three day weekend to work on it should really help.


Happy Quilting,
Mary

No comments: