Sunday, January 11, 2015

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: R A I N



Yes, it's raining today.  And on Monday and Tuesday and Wednesday and for the rest of the week it will be cloudy and gloomy. 








But my week will be BUSY.  Convention kind of busy.  Pack about 45 or so teens on a school bus and drive them all to a convention of about 5,600 more teens and you'll have my week.  So rain?  That's a little thing.

"listen to the rhythm of the falling rain"  First line of my favorite pop song when I was a kid.

I love the gray, gloomy, washed-out feel of a rainy day.  It's perfect for reading, napping, quilting, and resting. Especially resting.

I hear you, Rain  You are so lovely and soft.  I almost didn't notice that you had crept in; I'm so glad you did.  Your rhythms soothe and calm me.  I am thankful for your sounds, musical, but free from thought.  Fall down on me.  Fall down  On me

I LOVE this picture!  The raindrops, the movement, the delicate china, the greens....lovely

couple, couples photography, couples pictures, in love, engagement pictures, engagement photos, picture ideas, dancing in the rain

RAIN! right now it's like this, I love it the most most most (sun is totally overrated;)

http://parisapartment.wordpress.com/  #water can you hear the rain drops?

Rain brings with it some gray, but that doesn't mean that there can't be a hint of color.  

Taking Photos of Rain by Digital Photo Secrets
Blue
This photo is SO beyond beautiful! I love it with 1,000 hearts! It's a hummingbird caught in the middle of it's rain dance! Thank you, Lara! Merci! Merci! :)

Estas detrás de este fino cristal pero aun así no puedo verte, la sutil lluvia que moja los suelos de esta ciudad fantasma me impiden ver el reflejo de tus ojos detrás del ligero cristal...

Who's afraid of a little rain?????

So what to be inspired by other than some gray quilts on such a day as this?

Text Quilt

Yummy Quilt Pattern ~ Good pattern for Brewers jelly roll

Baby quilt by Kersten

bolt by rebecca roach

Bleachers! A quilt pattern!

Modern Quilts Patterns | , modern quilt pattern, zig zag quilt, zig zag quilt pattern, modern ...

Modern Quilts Patterns | Free Pattern Friday Quilting: Free Chevron Quilt Pattern & More

Modern Quilts Patterns | Vintage Modern Quilts Pattern Co.

Modern Quilts Patterns | Quilting: Flash Burn Modern Improv Quilt Pattern

Modern Quilts Patterns | love this finished quilt top! I switched out the Kona Oyster that I ...

Modern Quilts Patterns | Modern Pop Two Quilt Pattern SLM-201

Shimmer quilt pattern - free from Robert Kaufman

quilt

Delightfully yummy "Waffles" quilt by Stephany Dunphy of Loft Creations. Pattern available here for $6.95: https://www.shopfonsandporter.com/product/waffles-digital-pattern

Diary of a Quilter - a quilt blog: Shimmer Stars Quilt

1 comment:

Kaja said...

I love the first rain photo - makes me want to try a rain quilt at some point.