Monday, May 12, 2014

Modern Monday: traveling quilt woes



I've mentioned that I've joined the Louisiana Traveling Quilt group and, as such, have agreed to send off a quilt block each month.  That means I'll have to keep up with due dates--that will be the hardest part.

So today I had a bit of a shock...I thought I'd missed the first deadline.  Of course I got busy immediately.  Only to find out a couple of hours later that the deadline is the 25th of the month.  Whew!  



This is what I have so far.  It was easy to choose fabrics, and since I decided to work on the block in a truly improvisational manner, it was also easy to play and have fun.  In my world letting the quilt speak is the most fun form of quilting.  Although I broke the rules several times (and caught myself doing that) I just continued. Apparently this quilt is aware that the quilt police do not really exist. What a fun way to play!
Happy Quilting,

No comments: