Sunday, August 30, 2015

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: B U N T I N G

Since my recent tutorial on how to make reusable bunting pockets was published on Totally Tutorials and has become so popular, I thought maybe we could get some ideas of pretty bunting pieces to put into the bunting windows.  
How to make bunting - an easy to follow guide.

How To Make Bunting | The Yvestown Blog

They're also great for garlands. | 34 Adorable Things To Do With Leftover Bits Of Yarn

Stars DIY pink

DIY 3D Heart Mobiles

Prachtig, van stof gekartelde slingers maken!

Travel themed bunting with button detail. Going to use map from our favorite places.

old books + ribbon + buttons = beautiful paper bunting banner!

Shabby Banner Made With Cupcake Liners, Paper Doilies, Beads, & Twine

Cotton reel bunting by Fiona Calvert for Issue 17 of Love Patchwork & Quilting magazine

Just about any of these shapes will fit into the vinyl pockets of my bunting, it's just a matter of cutting the shapes to fit.  

And, of course, the purpose of looking at one item is to see a quilt in it and think about how the first translates into the second.  So, QUILTS inspired by bunting.....

Celebration Bunting quilt by Melly & Me. Could use lots of scraps! LOVE IT FOR THE BACK OF THE QUILT TO MAKE IT REVERSIBLE

Selvage Blog: Bunting Quilt and Pattern! I love everything Karen Griska does.

A Bunting Quilt with bird sewn by craftingzuzzy #baby #quilt

I'd like to do this with bits of my mother's clothes I saved. Love the pattern, but may incorporate hummingbirds instead - Oxford Impressions: Patti's Memory Banner Quilt With Bird Appliques

"Pieced (not appliqued) bunting quilt - includes pdf pattern."  I'd use African shwe shwe fabric and then applique letters to spell something out.

a quilt from mamas kram (in german) I am thinking putting bunting into a baby quilt design might be fun

6a016300f919ba970d0167648318c5970b-pi 786×1,024 pixels

Pennants on a quilt- be sure to click the link! The back is super cute too. (pinwheels!)

Hawkeye Inspired Baby Quilt

I something for birds and trees...

No comments: