Thursday, June 23, 2011

Work shirt redo

My middle son owns a home repair company and wears khaki work shirts. After he checked into the cost of having the shirts embroidered, he came to me.  No surprise there.  He was trying to save me the work.  Instead I get to save him the money.  Isn't that the way it goes with children?

 He still purchases the shirts but then he usually drops them off for me to add his logo.

The first time he dropped off shirts, I had to build a logo, which was easy enough to do in my embroidery software.  He didn't want anything fancy and I finally got him to understand that anything more than I was able to do would cost him money.

In the end we compromised and he was satisfied.  I copied and pasted the logo several times so that now when I embroider it, several logos are embroidered on the same piece of fabric.  I cut them apart and stitch them onto the shirts just above the pocket.   Once I finished the first shirt and return it to him for approval, I embroidered about 20 logos and put them aside in the studio.  Now all I have to do when he comes in with more shirts is to stitch on the logo.

Not too bad, actually.  He's happy and it's much easier to stitch on a patch logo than to embroider it onto the shirt.  I'm not very good at getting embroidery centered and even.  My depth perception is just too wonky.

It works for us and I don't mind doing such little things for the kids.  But then, most mothers wouldn't.

What are some of the little things that you do for your child or children that is maybe a little out of the ordinary?



1 comment:

Diana and LaDonna said...

Reminds me of all the times I had to sew on my husband's Army patches, but fortunately, I didn't have to make them!

LaDonna