Saturday, June 15, 2013

Hand me some hand-me-downs

I recently met a very nice lady who lives not so far from my house.  Elaine found out from a mutual friend that I quilt and contacted me to ask if I would be interested in some fabric.



Oh, that was a difficult question!  Of course, I'm interested!  She goes on to tell me that she had fabric samples from a store that sells drapes.  I knew exactly what she was talking about, which only added to my interest.  

So I got hand-me-down, saved-from-the-trash-bin, beautiful fabrics.  Each piece is small: about 12 inches long but in varying widths from 6 inches to 12 inches.  Some are a bit longer, maybe 15 inches, but they are definitely drapery fabrics: damasks, toile, sheers, jacquard and satin.  


The fabrics came in every color and style.  Stripes, solids, plaids, floral--lots of florals--contemporary, even animal prints.

The pieces came in collections stapled together in books.  Since the books are designed for sales convenience, they have plastic covers and corded handles.

I've sorted the collections into fabric type and color.  I'm hoping to get started on a crazy quilt as soon as I finish the commissioned quilts on my list.




can't 
thank 
Elaine 
enough!





And speaking of commissioned quilts, one is finished.  I added the binding and label today.  

No comments: