Thursday, December 26, 2013

Baby Dolls and Quilts

Know what you can do when you don't have to go to work?  Anything.  Anything at all. Anything you want to do.  Anything, even if it's useless.  That's what I did today.  Anything useless.  I made a couple of baby doll quilts.  For the little granddaughters, of course, but it's not as if they asked for the quilts, and the baby dolls surely didn't ask.  But what the heck....I had an idea.  And, since I don't have to work, I chose to play.


Baby dolls need quilts, too, don't they?  Can't have those babies getting cold.  Especially since they got strollers and beds and bouncy seats for Christmas.  It only makes sense that I make a couple of quilts to add to the hoard.  

Ta da!  Three little quilts: a red, a purple and a pink.  I decided to up the ante and set some rules.  First, I wanted to use leftover scraps and strips.  No cutting into the real stash and absolutely no purchasing.  That could not happen.  I did use some white from the stash but I tried to use up scraps and pieces when possible.  

It worked well, but it didn't make much of a dent in the scraps stash.  In fact, I don't know that it shows at all, but I had fun with the charge, anyway.  The little quilts were easy enough to make and once I made the first one, I decided to make the two other tops and quilt them together.  
That really moved things along and, obviously, I finished them up in no time.  Now they are just waiting for a visit from some little mommies.  That should happen this weekend.  I'm pretty excited to share these little quilties.  







What are you working on during the break?  Big or little projects?  Fun or difficult projects?  Anything unusual?

No comments: