Thursday, December 5, 2013

It's Beginning to Look a lot like Christmas

Everywhere you go;
Take a look in the five and ten glistening once again
With candy canes and silver lanes aglow.
It's beginning to look a lot like Christmas
Toys in every store
Read more: Christmas Carols - It's Beginning To Look A Lot Like Christmas Lyrics | MetroLyrics 

Christmas has arrived at our house.  We finished our shopping early because Richard was scheduled for his neck surgery.  Since I was home for a couple of days to nurse him, I decided to wrap a few gifts.  I'm almost finished wrapping!  

We have a pretty church pew that we moved into the sitting room, so I put some of the gifts there and the rest on the cedar chest that's in the dining room.  

I have to keep the gifts off the floor because the puppies are curious about everything.  As it is, I have to wait to put ribbons and bows on the gifts because the little grandchildren like to play with them.  


The puppies are worse than the grandchildren: they open the gifts then shred the paper.  Add some sparkle and shine to the mix, and there is no telling what they might do.  I don't want to wrap these gifts again, so up they go.  At this rate, I'll be finished wrapping over the weekend.


Of course, there's no tree up, yet.

Happy wrapping, 
Mary

No comments: