Wednesday, December 25, 2013

Merry Christmas

Here's hoping you had a wonderful Christmas.  We had a quiet, uneventful day.  Our children came for the annual gift-giving last weekend because they all had plans for today.  That meant mass this morning and a visit from Richard's parents after lunch.  The rest of the day was free and quiet, so I even got to sew a little.

But let's talk about Christmas gifts.  Richard is such a sport.  He not only came with me to the Quilt Show in Houston in November, but while there, he picked up my Christmas gift.  I found a sweet little vintage button shop and fell in love with a particular button.  I didn't want to spend quite that much money, however.  Rich was with me and, after I decided to walk away, he returned to get the button I liked the most.  He also picked up a couple more buttons!  

I'm really a very lucky girl and have the best of husbands.    Aren't these beautiful?  



I could not have done better if I'd chosen them myself.  They are just beautiful.  The largest is about three inches across and the others are about one and a half (black) and one inch (gold).  I will use the single one to make a beaded brooch.  The others will go into the stash until I figure out how I want to use them


  
Rich also gave me two pairs of scissors.    The yellow pair is a new design from Fiskars called Amplify RazorEdge.  They are supposed to be the best and newest.  We'll see.


Finally, he also gave me a bolt of white bleached muslin.  It's my favorite backing fabric, so he knows it will be a hit.  


I gave him a belt, a pair of jogging pants and a watch.  He had asked for both the belt and the watch, so they really weren't a surprise, but surprising him is almost impossible.  He can read me too well.  So instead, I shoot for giving him what he needs but won't buy for himself.  All in all, we had a lovely Christmas.  I would have enjoyed having the children and grandchildren over, but we'll see them all again this weekend.  Besides, knowing that they are safe and happy is enough for any momma.

Merry Christmas!
Mary

No comments: