Sunday, July 17, 2016

Sunday Quilt Inspiration: EMBROIDERY

I discovered a fabulous Pinterest board filled with embroidery stitches, designs, and patterns curated by JudyK. Oh Judy, the designs are absolutely stunning! I want (very much) to play with some embroidery for a while. Actually, I've spent the last 15 minutes toying with the idea of starting a small piece that could become a pincushion.

Hand Embroidery Hoop Art Circles Hand by atticusandcole on Etsy:
  embroidery

Heart embroidery sampler

Embroidered Stitch book--PDF --Charlotte Lyons--gorgeous!embroidery

Beautiful work Mosaics like this make me literally want to eat them or something. I don't know what to do with myself!

Doctor Who Embroidery Inspiration:

embroidery

crochet Doily flowers + crewel embroidery: Cathy Cullis






cute clothesline

button and embroidery art

nice foliageFlower embroidery | Flickr

Free cross stitch pattern "Love is in the air" from Le Chalet des PĂ©relles 2/10/13. Click on the link on the website.

Beautiful!bordado

Once I started choosing pictures from Judy's board, I found it difficult to stop. There are almost 500 gorgeous pieces and tutorial photos. After pinning many to my own "embroidered, ribbonry" board, I decided to get back to the task at hand...quilts!

I have this pattern & the quilt is on my design wall.  I've changed it 50 times.  Hope to get it done soon.  This one is beautiful.Now this is talent! Beautiful job of quilting that makes the quilt design come alive.


Talk about inspirational.  I must make something like this...

circles and rings baby quilt. I prefer to call this a lap quilt!! KM

Detail, Time Lapse, C. Mauersberger, 2014.

Drunkards Path for Amber aka One Shabby Chic - PTS 6 by Michelle @ i like orange., via Flickr

Quilt by Natalie Barnes from A Modern Twist // Found on Latifah Saafir's blog

Fun improv curves here in this "Improv Circles Wall Quilt" by Erica Jackman of Kitchen Table Quilting. The greys tie everything together so well!

Okay, I loooovin' this quilt!  How about big Kaffe Fassett, etc prints on b/w???

A great reverse-applique "mola" quilt by Fumiko Nakayama, photographed at Japan Quilt Festival by Be*mused, on her flickr stream  could be a tempera batik idea

Wonderful Sunflower Quilt

"Circus of Circles" posted on Flickr by Kellie/Dontlooknow!



I think I've been gravitating toward circular designs, so maybe they are trying to tell me something. Do you think the circular designs in the embroideries may have influenced my quilt choices? lol Maybe I should change the post title.

No comments: