Sunday, June 19, 2011

Happy Father's Day and AAQI




Jenclair of Bayou Quilts (& Dolls) and I have been discussing the possibility of working together to help AAQI. She writes on her blog, "I'm seriously thinking about what I want to do for AAQI.  I've been visiting with Mary (Fleur de Lis Quilts) and Michele (Heart & Hands) about this.  I've said I wanted to make a donation quilt for a long time...." 











So, hopefully in a few days we'll have some more information for you.  In the meantime, think about whether you'd like to join us in creating a small quilt to send to AAQI.  They will auction these quilts to raise money for Alzheimer's research.  If you would like to read more about AAQI, click on the button to do directly to their website.  I've decided that I will definitely make at least one quilt in memory of my mom.  I haven't decided on a specific design yet, but will in the next few days and post the information so you will know any plans.


Pixelista DesignFinally, I redesigned my blog background.  In fact, I spent most of this evening doing exactly that. I've been chatting with Laura of Recycle Room about some of the things we've been able to figure out on blogger.  She sent me information on Making Cute Blogs a website that has great tutorials on improving and personalizing your blog.  After reading the tutorial a few times, I was able to make quite a few changes.  I definitely recommend it if you're interested in learning more about blogging and html codes.  Here an interesting sidebar: I not only designed and colored the new background, I also wrote some of the html code to make it a little easier to see the text on this page.  Grant it, I only wrote things like, "background: white;" for the most part, but still, it's a start.  



Please tell me how you like the new look.....and don't worry about making suggestions!  I can take it and I'm having enough fun that if you tell me what changes will help, I'll give it a try.  Leave a comment, by all means!


Three days till the winner of the giveaway is chosen!  If you haven't become a follower yet, now is the best time to do so.  

5 comments:

FabricFascination said...

Your new background is striking. Good for you learning more about code. It is a whole other world that I haven't really gotten into yet.

pasqueflower said...

Love your new background! You are WAY ahead of me with html!

The AAQI is a wonderful project. Ami Simms spoke at our quilt guild a few years ago. She is an amazing woman with boundless energy and a terrific sense of humor.

LeAnn aka pasqueflower

jenclair said...

I really like the paisley background, Mary! I'll check out the website!

sophie said...

I had an idea to rework an old UFO into a Priority: Alzheimer's quilt with the June challenge theme of winter ... but the quilt didn't cooperate and wanted to become something else. Now, I feel a little guilty and definitely plan to make a new quilt for AAQI.

I am already following your blog ... I followed a link from JenClair here ;-)

Anonymous said...

Dee - are you making a quilt or quilt square like we bought when we went to Houston? I'd like to help with this project in my own small way. It is a wonderful way of giving back and helping those who can't help themselves. Just let me know what I can do to help. Angie