Friday, November 18, 2011

Craft Fair Countdown

15 days and counting!  Until the Craft Fair in Natchitoches, that is.  For me it means getting busy finishing up the projects I hope to have ready for sale. 


Part of my plan is to add some Christmas items to the projects that I already have completed.  Hopefully some folks will be looking for Christmas decorating items.


The problem: I simply didn't have very many Christmas themed fabrics in the stash.  On piece of blue with snowmen and other small characters which came from mom's stash.  I have used a small bit by adding some of the little characters to the ends of scarves that I made.  It really dressed them up nicely, but that's about it. 


A quick trip to Alexandria yielded these pretty fabrics.  The colors are a bit muted in the photos, but I'm not very good at enhancing photos, so please bear with me.


I plan to make table runners, mug rugs, and other small items with the 1/2 yard pieces that I picked up.  


           Since I liked so many of the fabrics, I decided to pick up several smaller pieces rather than just one or two large ones.  This way, I can offer more variety to potential customers.


Have you had a booth at a crafts fair?  Do you think my strategy of offering many items in different fabrics will work?


I'd love to hear your ideas.  This is my first time working a fair, so I appreciate any advice you can give.

No comments: