Monday, November 7, 2011

Home again, home again

Sharon Schamber's Best of Show Quilt
winner of $10,000
From the International Quilt Festival in Houston, that is.  What a blast that was!  My sisters, Angie and Sid, drove to Houston with me on Friday.  We stayed at another sister's house so that we could be at the show early, but of course the GPS got confused and we ended up circling around Fannin and San Jacinto streets for a while.  In the end we figured out that the GPS had the wrong address, found the correct one and drove the few blocks to the George R. Brown Convention Center.  


I made every effort to see as many quilts as possible.  I knew that there was no way I'd see them all.  There are just so many of them, and they are all so beautiful that missing a row caused me to backtrack despite the soreness in my legs.


Five or six hours later, and I still had not seen all the quilts in the show.   However, I had worn myself out trying.

No comments: