Sunday, November 27, 2011

Today I'd like to share an idea I came up with for one of my tables at the craft fair this coming Saturday.  Richard and I picked up three tables at Sam's on sale for $40 each. 


I have been thinking of ways to fit as many items as possible without overcrowding.  Several years ago I purchased a glass table top to put on the sofa table in our living room.  It is too long but I bought it on clearance, so I couldn't return it.  I never got around to having it cut, so it's been stored in a closet.  


Today I put it on top of one of the new tables to form a shelf.  For height, I put a bud vase in each corner.  If possible, I'll try to find something just a bit taller, but this will work if I can't find anything. 


I also emptied a drawer organizer to put the small items that will go on the table so it will be organized and picked up.  


This afternoon I also did a little sewing.  One of things I managed to make is this beaded scarf.  I've made a couple of them already, but this one is different in that I used thin ribbon to string on three beads.  


The ribbon adds eight inches to the length of the scarf and adds texture and weight, too.


Thanks for visiting.  If you have any suggestions for working a craft fair, please share them with me.

No comments: