Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Festival Haul

I really didn't spend much time at the vendor booths.  First, I didn't want to spend too much money; second, I wanted to see the quilts; and third, I'm not a very good shopper.  I did, however, have the opportunity to speak to a couple of the winners.  


One lady was an absolute darling, answering all of my silly questions and recommending a couple of her favorite products.  


One of those products: Bottom Line Thread, which I found at the Superior Threads booth.  So, I picked up a few cones of neutrals to use in bobbins.  My plan is to fill several bobbins in the next few days and to try to use only this brand, assuming it's as good as it claims to be about creating very little lint.


I also found this pretty lime and orange that I'm hoping will match the colors in Audrey's quilt.


While at the Festival I also signed up to become a member of The Quilt Show, an online show with Alex Anderson and Ricky Tims, which includes a subscription to The Quilt Life magazine.


Although I would have liked a fancier holder for my rulers, I don't have many rulers, so I picked up this small holder to help organize them.


And that's my haul from the Houston Quilt Festival.  Not much but awfully close to $100 anyway and definitely topping off my budget.


What was your last quilting purchase?  How do you control your spending when it comes to quilting?


Please do me a quick favor and click on the Picket Fence button on the upper right.  I'm still trying to get votes.  I've moved up to page 21 with 150 votes!  With your help, I'm sure I can make to 200 votes in no time!

No comments: