Tuesday, July 15, 2014

Saturday Show and Sale or part 1 the show

What a great quilter's day I had Saturday!  First my guild friend, Pam, and I went to the Krotz Springs Quilt Show in downtown Krotz Springs, which is not terribly far away.  


Photo
We enjoyed to show and the storytelling entertainment.  These quilts are those made by guild members throughout the year. Many are challenge quilts, others are guild BOM's or use a pattern chosen by the guild for members to make, each choosing her own colors.  I tell you this so that you understand why the quilts in some pictures are so similar.








Check out the walls of these little houses.  I'm smitten!  As you can see, the quilts are part of a guild BOM or class.  There were many more quilts in this theme, but getting a shot of every quilt was impossible.  These are some of my favorites.







This quilt was built of bricks, rocks, wood, etc.  The maker must have collected the fabrics for quite some time.






















The title says show and sale....well, we also hit a sale, but that's for another post.  I'm a bit tired after giving finals all afternoon.  See you tomorrow for the sale part of Saturday.

Happy Quilting,

No comments: