Saturday, March 5, 2016

February 2016 Stash Report | Quilt Block Adoption Event

How much stash did you use this month?  I should just keep a running total. No, I do not. I do most things the hard way. Sometimes that just happens to be the fun way, but in this case it is not. It requires math. Again.  

I start by figuring out which quilts I finished during the month. To do that I look at my blog posts. It's much more reliable than my memory. Then I figure out how much fabric I used for each quilt. 


Stash Report for February 2016
Additions and
Subtractions
Yards
Projects from stash
Projects from purchases
Used this month:
10
Marley's Chevron (8 yds)
none
Added this month:
2
NICU gowns (2 yds)

Used in 2016:
29.5


Added in 2016:
2




Since I haven't purchased much fabric in several months, it's easy to keep track of additions.  Regardless, it's easy to fill out the report. With good reason I chose to keep it simple and easy. 

So how did you do this month? Are you in the red or the black? Here's something that might be helpful if you're thinking of letting some orphan blocks go. Anything you've decided you don't need can be put up for adoption!


Quilty Orphan Adoption Event
Starts March 18, 2016

From Mary: Please note that the "I" in the following post refers to Cynthia, not me.   I've simply copied and pasted from her post to this one so that you will get the word of this great opportunity to help others. 

Cynthia at Quilting is more fun than housework will be hosting a linky party starting Friday March 18th (and closing on Sunday March 20th) where you are welcome to link up your own blog post sharing a project you wish to abandon or orphan blocks you wish to pass on.  You can offer as little or as much as you want.  It can be blocks, patterns, kits, fabric, quilt top - anything that you hope someone else will use and you wish to alleviate the burden.

Here are some details:

1.  I am going to ask that any "orphan" linked up must be given away for free.  (If you are wanting to destash for money, there are other venues to do that on.)  I think it is fair that if you need to, you can ask that shipping costs be paid.  Just be sure and put that information clearly in your post.  And know that both parties enter into the deal at their own risk.  I hold no responsibility.

2. Have clear pictures and descriptions on what you are putting up for adoption.

3. Define the criteria for how you will decide who will adopt the item.  Is it a random number giveaway, do you only want it to go to charity, or is there some other criteria that needs to be met?

4.  Be sure and identify where you are located and where you are willing to ship to.

5. Define how long you are keeping the adoption open and when you expect to award the adoption.


Last Fall, there were over a dozen WIPs that found new homes.  Many were adopted by quilters who were finsihing them for various charities.  If you are curious what was linked up last time, here is a link even though all the adoptions are closed. 

Thanks again to all the quilters that participated in the past.  If you adopted a project, I would love it if you shared a photo!


Mary again: How brilliant is this idea?! What are you able to let go? I think I may have a piece or two. I'm going to dig around and find that tub of WIP's. 

No comments: