Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blue Bird on my shoulder makes me happy

About a week or so ago, a package arrived at our back door.  Yes, Accuquilt came through!  I'd been waiting on this particular package for a while because the dies were on back order.

Three little birds and a pair of flower petals--how appropriate is that?  So, this afternoon I finally opened the plastic cover on the birdies.  I found a pretty little piece of teal blue and a soft yellow plaid.  A few minutes of pressing on some heavy Heat and Bond and we were ready for the Studio Cutter to do it magic.

And magic it was!  Check out these cute little birds.

None of these are pressed down because I haven't decided what I'm going to do with them.  I'm thinking of making a small quilt for AAQI using either these three or

a pair of love birds.  Because I love the idea of love birds, I decided to make another pair using the small birds.
What do you think?  Aren't they darling?  What would you do with either pair of love birds?  Do they need a nest or what?

No comments: