1. Where/when did you learn to make such beautiful art glass? I started taking stained glass classes at a local glass shop about six years ago. Some friends and I thought it would be fun so the four of us started a class every Tuesday night for eight weeks. After that, I was hooked. I continued to take classes for several years and I now work at the glass store one night a week and one Saturday a month. This allows me to hang my art in the store and make a few sales. It's fun and it's worth it.
2. What are some of your favorite designs/motifs to make? My favorite design is the green pear. I love the colors and the texture of the glass. Although I have only made a few mobiles, I enjoy making them and look forward to making more.
3. How would you describe your creative process? The patterns I have designed have been fairly easy to do since I have a strong painting and drawing background. Some of the patterns are designs I have found on the internet. There are lots of web sites that offer free patterns. Occasionaly I will alter them just for fun.
4. Who has influenced your art the most? In what way(s) did this person influence you? The person who has influenced me the most is Donna. She taught me for several years and I learned a lot from her. She was an excellent teacher even though she claims she doesn't like teaching. You would never know it. I guess you could say she took me under her wing. I learned so many tricks from her that have been very valuable to me.
5. Is there anything else you'd like others to know about yourself or your shop? As I said before, my background is painting and drawing. I have also tried my hand at photography and have a moderate collection of photos. I am planning to creat a web site for some of my work in the near future.
I hope that you stop by her Etsy shop and say hello. You can leave her a comment here also as I'm sure she'll stop by. Imagine being able to create such beautiful glass art.
Reminder that while you're here, you may want to visit this page and enter to win my giveaway--up to $25 in free items from my shop. The giveaway is now posted on Etsy giveaways. You can find it here.
Thanks for stopping by...please leave a note for Elizabeth. Isn't her work just stunning?