Sunday, August 11, 2013

Sunday Quilt Inspiration

I started work on the wedding signature quilt for a client.  Since I built it in EQ7, it was easy to get started.  I've cut the pieces for 80 blocks and already sewn about half of those.  



For today's inspiration, I thought I'd hunt down a few signature quilts on Pinterest in the hopes that I'd find some quilting ideas.  The photos I've found don't really show the quilting, so I'm going to have to wing it.  Oh well, it will be a while before I get to that anyway.  

The plan is to finish the quilt top and serge the edges.  Then, during the wedding reception guests will sign the quilt top.  Later the client will bring the top back so I can quilt it.  Since the wedding is still about five or so weeks away, it will be a little while before I get to quilt it, but I am the kind of person who procrastinates by working ahead.  I like to call it thinking. 

Enjoy the pins from my "signature, quilts" board. 

Does this look a bit familiar?










So, which one do you want to make?  
Happy Quilting,
Mary

No comments: